Electrical Engineering Technologist Student
As an Engineering Technician you will be offered excellent exposure to all aspects of Operations for a major oil & gas project. You will work in a multi-disciplined team environment with guidance and mentorship from experienced professionals. You will also work primarily with the onshore Hebron and/or Hibernia teams.
The work term positions are primarily in an office environment, however the work assignment is intended to prepare student(s) for recruitment into a future offshore career opportunity with ExxonMobil Canada.
Job duties will include:
- Electrical, Instrumentation discipline support
- Operations Team general support
- Maintenance Team SAP support (Work Order Approval Reporting, Outstanding Notification Reporting, Critical Equipment Exception Reporting)
- Prepare monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Schedule Compliance Reporting
- Work Outlook Reporting
- Primavera support as required
- Implementation, application and continuous improvement of production reporting processes and systems
- Development of Spare Parts Inventory Database (SPID) & Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Currently enrolled in Electrical Engineering Technology (Power & Controls) Co-Op Program and available for a work term in September 2019
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Commitment to safety on and off the job
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SAP recommended, however training can be provided
- Previous industry experience is considered beneficial, but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, independence and accountability for tasks and understanding impacts on the business
- A high level of attention to detail, organization and analytical skills
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work with a minimal supervision and in a team-based environment
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
Start date: September 2019
Work term: 3-4 months
Location: St. John’s, NL
- You will work under the direction and mentorship of an experienced professional during your work term
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- ExxonMobil Canada supports and promotes a learning environment for all our students, to utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging and professional work environment
- You will have ownership/responsibility of at least one major term project
Who we are
The need for energy is a very real economic issue. It affects literally everyone–everywhere in the world. At ExxonMobil Canada, we are proud to bring together a highly talented and diverse workforce eager to take on and solve the world’s toughest energy challenges.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
Application deadline: May 26, 2019
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date in the offer of employment may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
ExxonMobil Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, ExxonMobil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions within the Company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including Imperial and affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Gas, Gas Technician, Electrical, Engineering, Energy