CA.NL.Mount Pearl.1133 Topsail RoadJob Description
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking Cost Engineer to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting into the Project Controls team, you will provide an integral position directly on site to the project.
- Develop turnaround estimates, project and turnaround cost forecasts, and preparing project and turnaround cost reports.
- Support the development and improvement of cost controlling and tools and processes.
- Deliver proper variance explanation and root causes analysis of changes.
- Carry out bid analysis for complex service contracts.
- Assess filed change orders and validate contractor estimate and pricing.
- Review and update internal standards for financial project cost controls and ensure contractor compliance with same
- Provides high level project updates to, and may work directly with, senior management. Also provides more detailed daily or weekly updates, as required.
- Coordinate and procedural interface between Project Management, Finance, Construction, and Procurement
- Work with Project Managers and other internal stakeholders (such as Engineering, Validation, Manufacturing, Facilities, Quality, etc.) to provide unified, cost-driven solutions, identify potential conflicts, and assist in the facilitation of making critical commercial decisions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or Diploma in Engineering Technology
- 5 years minimum experience in cost estimating and cost control, preferable within major construction projects
- Working knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction techniques
- Prior exposure to large EPC projects
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 and MS Office Suite (Excel with advanced programming knowledge);
- Good capacity for synthesis and communication (oral and written);
- Ability to build relationships with the team members, and client stakeholders;
- Strong presentation skills, great organizational skills and excellent problem-solving skills;
- English / French bilingual (written and spoken) considered an asset.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Role will be based full time in Argentia, NL.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
RegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2HCLDiJ