CA.NL.Corner Brook.Millbrook Mall, 2 Herald Avenue, Suite 207
SNC-Lavalin Inc is seeking a Site Inspector in our West Coast region of NL. This position will be responsible for providing site inspection activities on a variety of construction projects. This individual must also be hands-on and detailed-oriented.
- Perform quality control construction observations for various highway roadway and bridge construction, general site work, maintenance and protection of traffic, drainage, earthwork, paving, concrete work, reinforcement steel placement, utility relocation work, coordination, and safety;
- Ability to read contract documents and construction plans;
- Responsible for field construction observation monitoring/tracking of construction sequencing, cost, scheduling and performance decisions;
- Assure proper document control, quality assurance documentation and construction project records are kept;
- Assure quality and uniformity in the records of various contracts in the overall program; and,
- Identification of general safety, and HSE requirements.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or minimum 5 years related experience, including roadway (earthwork, sub base, concrete and asphalt pavement, drainage, lighting, guiderail and striping for rehabilitation / new) inspection and maintenance and protection of traffic for day and nighttime operations);
- Bridge construction (rehabilitation & new) an asset;
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Strong time management and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills; and,
- Knowledge of Municipal Water, Sewer and Road Specification an asset.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note this would be a seasonal contractual position.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Contractual (Fixed Term)At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.