Civil Engineering Technician/Municipal Inspector – (3127)
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Municipal Inspector for the Infrastructure Group in the St. John’s, NL office. The environment is fast-paced and growth oriented, ideally suited for individuals who like to take charge and are driven to build on current successes. This opportunity is a seasonal position.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
Working closely with Project Managers, responsible for the completion of various field and laboratory testing and inspections, and associated reporting for a variety of construction projects in Newfoundland and Labrador, including, but not limited to:
- Executing field work and inspections, and laboratory materials testing as necessary in the field and/or laboratory: (asphalt – field compaction; laboratory – asphalts suites; concrete – field casting of concrete cylinders, slump, air content; laboratory concrete compressive strength testing; soil – field compaction testing; laboratory – grain size analysis, proctors);
- Executing varied assignments requiring general familiarity with a broad field of geotechnical engineering, materials testing, general construction, earth moving projects and civil engineering;
- Prepare clear and concise field inspection reports, and review, as necessary, laboratory and field inspection reports;
- Interact with on-site clients to provide excellent service and quick response to their materials testing needs;
- Work is completed in compliance with various standards and specifications.
- Civil Engineering technician/technology diploma from a recognized technical college and be eligible for registration with AETTNL (Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador);
- CCIL certification is an asset;
- Experience in geotechnical, materials field/laboratory testing setting (test pits, boreholes, concrete, soils and asphalt testing experience);
- Applies knowledge with CCIL, ASTM and CSA testing methodology and procedures in field and laboratory;
- Familiar with various civil, earth moving and construction projects;
- Effective oral and technical written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office – WORD, EXCEL).Experience with AutoCAD and gINT would be an asset;
- Willingness to travel and participate in field programs (EXP’s St. John’s office/laboratory provides materials testing and geotechnical services throughout the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador);
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Be a motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle;
- Two to five years related experience.
What EXP Can Offer
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
Apply online: https://exp.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/3127
For more information, visit www.exp.com