Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector II
Position Details (What is this?)
Merit Criteria (What is this?)
- Completion of a degree or diploma program in Mechanical Engineering OR Power Engineering – 1st or 2nd class certification (equivalencies will be considered)
- Experience in the operation of boilers and pressure vessels
- Experience in the maintenance and repairs to boilers and pressure vessels
- Experience operating or performing maintenance and repairs to pressure piping systems (asset)
- Experience designing, constructing or installing boilers or pressure vessels (asset)
- Experience performing inspections of boilers or pressure vessels (asset)
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repairs of boilers and pressure vessels
- Knowledge of relevant safety legislation, procedures and practices
- Knowledge of design, construction, and installation procedures of boilers and pressure vessels (asset)
- Knowledge of inspection procedures of boilers and pressure vessels (asset)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written)
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think critically
- Relationship building
Conditions of Employment(What is this?)
- Recent and satisfactory certificate of conduct from local police.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Willing to accept the requirement to travel by land, sea and air.
- Willing to accept overnight travel (occasional)
- Willing to accept day travel (significant)
- Acknowledges the requirement to become commissioned by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors after the first year of employment, unless already acquired
- Acknowledges requirement maintaining licensures/certifications as required
For more information about this opportunity please call (709) 729-5505.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Interested applicants should apply using this link:
Applications, quoting Competition Number SNL.18.19.R0795, should be submitted