Biomedical Engineering Technologist I (Repost)
Pleasant View Towers – Long Term Care
Healthcare Technology and Data Management
Temporary, Full time (Until June 21, 2019 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour shifts; days, nights, evenings, weekends; on call and standby required)
Salary: CG 31 ($26.14 – $29.04 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019000989
Posted Date: April 4, 2019
Closing Date: April 11, 2019
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Biomedical Engineering Technologist I evaluates, tests, calibrates, performs and documents preventative and quality assurance checks and maintenance, orders and repairs medical equipment and instrumentation. The position may support a variety of areas such as Diagnostic Imaging, ICU, Operating Rooms, Dialysis, Respiratory Therapy, Defibrillation, Cardiac Monitoring, Anesthesia, Surgery, Rehabilitation, Laboratory and Radiation Therapy, etc. In addition, the position provides training on specialized equipment, and completes related safety and maintenance reports. Travel provincially and internationally may be required. The position may also participate in an on call rota and works both independently and within a team environment.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Lifting or moving objects less than 10 lbs is a constant requirement and lifting/moving objects is required occasionally.
- Manual or physical activities include fine finger or precision work, using hand tools, using gross motor skills to move heavy objects, operating equipment or machinery that requires very controlled movement and maintaining physical balance.
- Occasional requirement to work in awkward or cramped positions or body movement when performing equipment repairs.
- Higher than normal levels of attentiveness or alertness for the health and safety of others is required.
- Graduation from approved/recognized three-year Biomedical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology Program is required.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- A valid class V driver’s license is required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2)
Fax: (709) 777-1303
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.