Tata Steel Minerals Canada is currently seeking Automation Specialists to join their highly skilled team to work a 2 week on/off rotation to and from the Menihek region in Labrador, near the town of Schefferville QC. Main pick-up points are Montreal, QC, St. John’s, NL, and Halifax, NS.
Reporting to the Automation Manager, the purpose of the role is to design, program and troubleshoot machine control software, instruments and other process automation systems. He/she will be required to program a variety of PLC’s, PI system and Wonderware HMI for the process plant to ensure accurate, reliable and safe operation.
The position incumbent, with input from the Automation team, will identify issues on a proactive basis and take action to address them in a timely manner. In addition, the PLC-HMI Technologist will ensure that direct reports and areas of accountability meet all requirements with regards to legislated regulations, company policies and practices.
Manage systems within the area of accountability to achieve the following outputs:
- Ensures zero harm to employees, the business, the environment and the community;
- Works in collaboration with Operation, Processing and Maintenance departments for all projects;
- Detailed involvement in controls projects, communication systems and electrical design;
- Programming a combination of various automation technologies into highly integrated systems;
- Establishes and works on full project implementation including, feasibility, concept, design, drawing, programing, documentation, testing, construction and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technologist diploma;
- 5+ years of experience in mining process plant or heavy industry (preference will be given to those with a background in systems integration);
- Solid knowledge of PLC’s, HMI and excellent computer skills;
- Experience in PI system highly desirable;
- Strong experience and ability to work with the following:
- Network – PLC Level, Server Level, Services Level;
- HMI’s – Wonder Ware, Panel view, Simatic;
- PLC’s – Modicon Quantum and M340 Series, Allen Bradley, Siemens;
- VFD’s – Toshiba, Schneider, Allen Bradley;
- Programming – Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC,ST;
- Historian – PI, Wonder Ware;
- Field instrumentation;
- SAP software for maintenance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in collaboration with others.
- Able to work on site on a Fly-in/Fly-out schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested applicants should apply using this link: https://indeedhi.re/2TefAsh