The Cahill Group is one of the largest multi-disciplinary construction companies in Canada, with
operations from Newfoundland to Alberta. We believe in taking care of our people with rewarding
career opportunities, competitive compensation packages, and a dynamic working environment.
- Attending site visits, reviewing and critically analyzing tender documentsfor unclear technical
or commercial items and submitting queriesto the client for response, consciousness of other
disciplines for interfaces or interferences
- Performing take-offs, obtaining pricing from supply chain, participating in the development of
project schedule and execution plans.
- Developing and adhering to estimate breakdown standards, compiling a risk register for
management review, and preparing submittal documents
- Being able to strategically make decisions under pressure
- Preparing final estimate breakdowns and analyzing each section for scope, price and
- Participate in estimate reviews prior to submittal to the client
- Complete post-bid analyses on jobs bid and document lessons learned
- Exposure and co-operation with various other business functions such as Procurement,
Quality Control, Planning/Scheduling, and Project Coordination
- Integrate lessons learned and tracking from Project back into historical data for future
The successful candidates will have an electrical engineering degree, diploma or trade certification.
The Electrical Estimator will require 7 – 10 years of construction estimating experience. Knowledge of
Accubid/Trimble estimating software packages and AutoCAD is considered an asset.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2019 (Extended)
If you are interested in joining our growing team, please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting competition CCE-EE-09-19.
Cahill is an equal opportunity organization. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those
under consideration will be contacted.