1. To administer the constitution of AETTNL in the public interest.
2. To promote Applied Science Technology as a recognized profession.
3. To maintain a high standard of professional certification, ethics and practice.
4. To develop rewarding and challenging career opportunities for members.
5. To maintain a strong membership base and economically sound and efficient organizational structure.
6. To provide benefits that meet the professional, technical and economic needs of members.
7. To exercise a positive influence on public attitudes and legislation as they relate to applied science/engineering technology.